Trips, Events and Wishes for FA patients
Children living with Fanconi Anaemia (FA) have a tough time generally and spend a disproportionate amount of of time in hospitals, so they deserve some light relief from time to time.
Please download our leaflet Trips, Events and Wishes for FA Patients to find lots of good things available free of charge for people living with FA.
Accommodation for you when your child is in hospital
- Ronald McDonald House Charities: RMHC – Ronald McDonald House Charities supports families in the UK with children in hospital. RMHC provides free ‘home away from home’ accommodation in or near hospitals for the families of children requiring in-patient care in hospitals and hospices across the UK. RMHC’s main focus is establishing Ronald McDonald Houses (RMH) and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms (RMFR) at children’s hospitals and hospices throughout the UK. In addition to providing bedrooms and communal living areas, a Ronald McDonald Houses and family provides valuable support for the families and enable them to rest in private or enjoy the company of other families.
- Sick Children’s Trust
The Sick Children’s Trust believes that no child should be separated from their family while in hospital receiving treatment for serious illness – help us to allow the most basic of medicines to work; family, love and support. Our mission is to provide high quality ‘Home from Home’ accommodation for families whose children are receiving hospital treatment for serious illness.
The Sick Children’s Trust exists to support and promote the child’s recovery and further to support the fabric and well being of the family as a whole.
- Clic Sargent has accommodation close to hospitals in Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Nottingham, Oxford and Southampton, available to families affected by FA.
- Rhys Daniels Trust. Accommodation at the following,but please check website for updates:
- Bristol Children’s Hospital
- Alder-Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool
- Kings College Hospital, London
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital
- Royal Marsden Children’s Hospital, Surrey
- Cardiff Children’s Hospital, Wales
- Facebook page.